Many folks to whom I introduce our baby seem to think we ought to be shortening her name. "Her name is Felicity," I say, and the universal response is, "oh, but what will you call her?" Well, we'll call her Felicity... sometimes.
What people don't realize is that in this house, names tend to get lengthened rather than shortened. For example,
Lucy = the lupinator, lucy-goofalus, juicy lips
Victor = beanius maximus, beany-max, boojie-wooj, stinkeriffic
Felicity = the queen of goo, jose feliciano, sugar boogar lovie-dove
Occasionally, we do use the quick versions, ie. Luce, Vic, booj, loops, sug-boog. The creative influence behind these terms of endearment is Daddy, in case you were wondering. I've had so many names since we've been married I can't even keep track anymore.
Anyway, I hope the early Christian martyrs for whom these kids were named don't mind the silliness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i love this post Anne! Hilarious!!!!!!!!! And so fun to have on recored all of those sweet and funny nicknames- From the family who is lacking on nicknames...I love it!
Shan
I like "Jose Feliciano"...now thats a freaking riot...By the way, Arav's nicknames are "my buddy," "my best friend," "my littlest boy," "my littlest friend," "my stinky boy"--much more harmless... (except that last one).
still, better than the Fernandes nicknames of "the Lip," "Fats," "Bucky the Beaver," "Pig-Doinkle," and "The Wopper."
Post a Comment