I'm linking my friend Emily again. I can't help myself - she has the greatest stuff on her blog. This time it's about the family bed. By the way, in response to a heated discussion on Attachment Parenting in the Catholic Mom Blogosphere a week or so ago, I wrote this great post... Unfortunately, when I attempted to post it, there was an error and it got deleted. Probably the Holy Spirit intervening.
Anyway, we do practice the family bed to a degree. Our babies sleep with us. Lucy was in the same room with us until she was almost 4. Now, she and Victor sleep in the same bed.
Last night, Eustace got home from work at about 10:30 and Victor was still awake, talking to himself in bed while Lucy was asleep beside him. Eustace sleeps in a different room than me when he works nights because of all the pages he gets (I haven't quite learned to sleep through them). So, last night, he offered Victor a chance to snuggle up and sleep with him. Initially Victor agreed. However, he was concerned about Lucy and placed his Lightning McQueen pillow next to her for protection. He got in bed with Eustace for a couple of minutes, still mulling the whole situation over in his little mind. After a minute or two, he got up and announced, "I'm going back with Lucy. I'm just too worried about her."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww... thanks! And what a sweet story! I love it.
Post a Comment