Thursday, January 3, 2008
Random Movie Review
So, here's one I would suggest you avoid like the plague: Little Children with Kate Winslet and Jennifer Connelly. It was nominated for a bunch of Oscars last year. I suppose it's well-acted and all that jazz, but there is not one truly happy moment in the whole thing. All the characters are either profoundly unhappy with their situations in life or are suffering from serious psychological problems. Women, particularly those who stay home with their children, are portrayed in a dismal way. But, then again, so are the men. I couldn't bring myself to watch the last 15 minutes, but my husband filled me in on the ending storyline. I guess it did redeem itself mildly, but not enough to justify the 2 hours of preceeding misery in my estimation. It does, however, serve as a reminder of what life without faith can be like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment