Have you seen the message circulating through emails and facebook called '25 Things'? If you're tagged, you're supposed to list 25 little-known facts about yourself. It's probably because weather conditions and landscape are less-than-inspiring right now that people have time for this kind of thing. Well, I'm not too proud to play along. I'm sure there is a closet I should be organizing, but I"ll do this instead. Here they are - 25 things about me that you may not know:
1. I hate flying. I agree to it only when absolutely necessary. I first learned the Hail Mary prayer while flying long before I was actually Catholic.
2. I like almost every kind of food except water chestnuts and bananas (I will eat them, though!).
3. I use cloth diapers as much as possible. My favorite brand is Mother-ease.
4. I'm kind of a crunchy con (conservative, that is. not convict).
5. I use Natural Family Planning ('we' would be more accurate) and can't imagine not understanding my body in the way it requires.
6. I have breastfed my kids past age 2 (years, that is).
7. As a child, I was sure I would one day be an Olympic figure skater (although I never had one single ice skating lesson!)
8. I was a cheerleader in high school.
9. I have a master's degree in gerontology (I like old people).
10. I ran a marathon 11 years ago.
11. I love the movie 'Legally Blonde' (If you're scandalized, I apologize! It's a guilty pleasure, for sure)
12. In my previous life (before kids) I worked as a physical therapist. I loved working with stroke patients.
13. I once held my junior high's record in the girls' high jump.
14. I love to drink coffee with a shot of Bailey's.
15. I had never eaten Indian food prior to meeting my husband, and now it's my favorite.
16. I think no outfit is complete without really warm socks and dangly earrings (in summer, substitute comfy sandals and dangly earrings).
17. My husband and I watched "Alf" on our wedding night.
18. My favorite actor is Will Smith and favorite actress is Bonnie Hunt.
19. I love the city of Pittsburgh and would move back there if I could convince all my family and friends to come along. We do still have great friends there. Oh yes, and I'd have to talk my husband into it, too. Wouldn't want to go without him!
20. I really like Ann Coulter.
21. I had surgery on my eye when I was 4.
22. My paternal grandmother and I shared a birthday and a middle name (Arlene).
23. My biggest regret is that I didn't take Lucy into the ICU to visit my Grandmother one more time before she died (too afraid of germs). My grandma's last words to me were, "Where's Lucy?" (she was 4 months old at the time, my grandma was 89).
24. I really like the idea of unschooling. Oh wait, that's not a little-known fact.
25. My husband and I had our first 'official' date at a restaurant called 'Figlio' and I showed up 20 minutes late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Anne-I am ashamed that several of those thing I didn't know!! I was wondering what the whole 25 things thing was. My poor facebook is so neglected!! Someday, I'll try to put up a clever list like yours. That was fun to read!
Shan
Post a Comment