My reasons for sharing our menu from dinner tonight are two-fold:
1. If there is anyone who feels like an inadequate mother, reading this will make you feel better.
2. If you're thinking of stopping by our house for dinner, you'll be sure to check Eustace's schedule first. If he's working nights, steer clear.
If I had slaved for hours over a gourmet dish, I would have had turned-up noses. With the following, I had more oohs and aahs than I've heard over a meal in a long while:
-blueberries
-chex mix (made by my mom)
-leftover mac and cheese
-and for dessert, hard-boiled eggs, because I was feeling guilty about lack of
protein.
I hope somebody will tell me that I'm not the only person who occasionally feeds her families meals such as this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Anne, Anne, Anne,
I love, love, love your blog. You keep it real, you are so funny, and I identify with so much!!!
Thank you for that!!!!
Love your dinner. I think I told you about the time I served a sausage for dinner. What a lonely little thing that was on my giant plate:)
Anyway... are you needing any new menu ideas? Let's see: we do eggs. that's it. One time I did ice cream. That was great. Such an easy post-dinner cleanup. One time I did: "What dinner? Didn't we eat? Oh, that was lunch. Go find yourself a piece of cheese or something."
Anyway. Did I mention I love your blog! I do.
My kids call non-Daddy dinners "snacky dinners" and they LOVE them. We scrounge in the fridge and feast on WHATEVER!
Post a Comment