Several of my friends have facebook profiles, so I decided to sign up. I had no idea what it was all about - probably should have looked into it before I took the leap. I thought it was just looking at cute pictures of my friends' kids, but it is actually a way to link to any number of other people in pretty close to real time. I've had a profile for all of 3 days, and people I haven't heard a word about in 18 years have already 'found' me. Not that I was hiding. And, actually, it's nice to hear from the people who have popped up so far. I'm just a little nervous about who might be next...
There is no obligation to accept another person as a friend, which means he or she has acccess to the info you've provided about yourself. I'm just not sure how I'll feel about actually clicking on the 'reject' button if necessary.
It's all just a little 'in your face' for me. Maybe that's why they call it 'facebook.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I absolutely agree -- I am having a hard time with it and have ignored some requests.
Post a Comment