Tuesday, September 4, 2007

fatigue

"Pride goeth before the fall..." Isn't that how the proverb goes? Well, I guess I was getting pretty cocky about my energy level. I thought I had conquered pregnancy-related fatigue and mastered the art of nesting. We were eating balanced, home-cooked meals almost every single night and getting all kinds of errands done during the day. I even moved 30 gallon boxes of the kids' clothes to the basement all by myself. Well, that was 2 weeks ago. Now you'll find me lying, and probably sleeping, on the couch, whenever I get a chance. Last night I fed the kids boiled hot dogs and tonight frozen pizza. (Eustace just started his new evening shift gig, so he hasn't been joining us for dinner! He'd probably be thrilled with the menu, actually. ) Last week I spent a lot of time cleaning the house, which made me really grouchy, so I guess it's time to give that up. The good news is, everything is really going fine. My pregnancy is healthy, the kids are doing well with school, Eustace is nearby with his new work arrangement, and I can still get out for walks (albeit shorter ones). So, if we eat a lot of PB and J for the next couple months, it won't be the end of the world, and having a new little person in the house is certainly worth the trouble!!

No comments: