Sunday, September 16, 2007

who's the baby?

We are, of course, ecstatic about the upcoming birth of our newest family member. At the same time, I"m a little sad that my previous 'baby'(Victor) no longer gets that distinction! He's feeling the same way, I can assure you. Here are a few examples of his recent running commentaries:

In the car yesterday: "Mommy, when the new baby gets born, can I be the baby?"

To my friend holding her 8-month old a few days ago:"my mommy is out of milk right now, but when the new baby comes, she will get filled up again"

On the way into a restaurant last night: "Mommy, I can be the baby."

Yes, you can, sweet little guy, for as long as you want. Don't tell daddy I said that.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Anne, I reassured Kate over and over that even when she's a grown-up, she'll still be my baby. It's so important that they know that someone will treasure them forever the way our Mother Mary treasures each of us.

Shannon said...

ok- I love the "you'll get filled up with milk again!" comment. He's got it all figured out!
Shan