Wednesday, September 5, 2007

things kids say...

Somedays I realize the kids say the funniest or most profound things, but I will never remember what they were. I always promise myself I'll write them down later... When the moment presents itself, I usually can't remember what I was planning to record.

Anyway, here is a conversation I want to remember.

Lucy had her first ballet class of the year last week. Her new teacher is a gorgeous brunette whose skin tone is quite similar to Lucy's. She could be Italian or Hispanic or some combination of a variety of ethnicities (which is probably the case in this part of the world). Anyway, on the way home, Lucy announced that her teacher was half-Indian. I asked her if her teacher had actually told her that. Lucy said, "No, but she looks just like me!"

One more thing. Victor's current favorite food is peanut butter sandwiches. It's music to my ears every time he asks for a peanut butter "swaand-wich." Thank goodness it's not something more complicated!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Anne- I love it! And now that you wrote it, you'll never forget it!! That baby girl in your tummy is zapping ya, huh?? Hang in there- you are on the homestretch! Love the posts!! Shan