35 hours until my husband and mother embark on their journey to the other side of the world. As their departure approaches, little by little my anxiety is being replaced with excitement for them and our soon-to-be son. I cannot explain this rationally, only by the grace of God.
The bags are just about packed, documents gathered, global phones activated and charged. Gifts are wrapped, notes written, supplies bundled in ziplocs. The kids are thrilled about their new brother coming home, but really have no concept that Dad and Grandma will be gone for almost 3 weeks. I don't really know what that will feel like, either. I'm sure it will be long. But, I am grateful that current technology will allow for immediate contact just about any time. It's a pretty amazing thing. I wonder what it was like for families doing this 20 years ago. There was a lot less red tape then...
Anyway, my plan is to post my husband's emails in this space, so, if you're interested, you can follow along on his trip. I would love to post pictures and will do so, if possible.
Keep the prayers coming. God bless you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment