It seems the internet connection is not yet functioning in the apartment, so Eustace just called me instead. We had a nice long conversation about their first day, and I will attempt to reiterate his description here... He can correct me later, if he wants to.
Their interpreter, who apparently is a 20-something knockout, took them for lunch and a tour of the city. I wish I could say more, but we'll have to wait until everything is complete to avoid disclosing their exact location. It will be better, anyway, for Eustace to tell the story from his perspective. So, I"ll leave the details to him.
Anyway, then they went to the orphanage. They were greeted by all the sisters jumping up and down with excitement. Our little guy was a little shy and stunned at first. However, within a few minutes, he warmed up and was talking their ears off. They went for a walk outside, went to prayers with the sisters, and hung around with all the kids for a few hours.
We sent special gifts for the little girls who are like our son's sisters. I guess they really liked them. They went back to their own stash of treasures and produced gifts to send back for our children here. So sweet.
It seems our little guy is outgoing, a little bossy, and enjoys the limelight. Sounds familiar. I'll quote Eustace:"God could not have chosen a child for us who would be more like our own children." Well, very soon, he will officially be one of our own children. Court is set for about 1:30 tomorrow.
We are, of course, asking for prayers yet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The prayers are still coming!! Along with the tears of joy and excitement! Really I cried!!
thanks, sr. mary dolores!!! we're definitely counting on your prayers.
Anne, I love it! I absolutely cannot wait for the next update and pictures! Call with updates anytime or just to talk...
Tara
Post a Comment