Today's activities included dragging everyone to the pediatrician's office for annual check-ups. (It was really just my sneaky way of cornering our doctor to ask 1001 questions regarding our soon-to-be-adopted son. Good ol' Dr. V. didn't mind one bit. )
Of course I swore up and down that nobody would need any shots.
Boy, was I ever wrong about that.
It seems as if every time I think we're done for awhile, out comes some new booster or vaccine and we're in for more sticks.
My oldest child, who has the biggest needle phobia (last year we had a party when she graduated from needing 3 to only 2 adults to restrain her during injections - I kid you not), acted tough until the nurse walked in bearing syringes... Then the tears started to flow. To her credit, she made it through with just my sitting (very) close beside her. After 8 years of hearing explanations about relaxation and how it helps with pain, I think maybe she gets it.
Kid #2 was hysterical and required the forceful hold down. I hate that.
Kid #3 conveniently fell asleep and avoided the drama because I didn't have the heart to wake her up for torture. Of course she popped right up on our way out the door.
But, my mission of information-gathering is complete, and we are now up to date on physicals. I
feel like I accmplished something. Except my children will never trust my no-shot promise again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment