Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 4

Finally, the apartment has internet connection! So, communication between my husband and me has improved greatly over the past 24 hours. Email is better than text message. We're attempting to conserve cell phone minutes as much as possible.

There was one important bit of information that I was missing. Eustace didn't want to share it with me until he met with the doctor. Apparently, our son was accidentally burned about week before his dad and grandma arrived to meet him. It's pretty bad - third degree on his foot. Everybody is optimistic that it won't impact his ability to travel home, but we would certainly appreciate prayers for healing. It's requiring constant elevation, which is a challenge for any 7-year-old boy.

Today the plan was to travel to a town in the mountains to visit the orphanage where he lived the first few years of his life. They were planning a party. Can't wait to hear details. I've asked Daddy to write something that I can post, so hopefully the next update will be straight from him.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments: